The Production Superintendent will assist in managing and promoting the corporate vision, mission statement and core values. The Production Superintendent will lead activities pertaining to production and shipping of company product(s) by performing the following duties personally or through Team Leaders. The Production Superintendent will ensure the implementation and maintenance of the Quality Policy and procedures within the department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPOSIBILITIES include the following:
- Lead the supervisory team to achieve corporate goals.
- Plans and directs supervisory activities and establishes priorities for orders in keeping with customer needs.
- Oversee performance of shift supervisors; communicate company standards
- Build and Maintain an Effective Production Team
- Assure that Supervisors are fulfilling roles and responsibilities as defined by the Supervisor’s job description
- Maintain supervisory team Performance Contracts
- Train and develop supervisory team
- Recruit and develop production associate team
- Establish high morale throughout staff by showing fairness and consistency
- Oversee proper training and manning of plant positions
- Coordinates production activities with purchasing, maintenance, and quality control activities to obtain optimum production and utilization of human resources, machines, and equipment.
- Oversee the inventory of sheets, ink and other converting supplies
- Responsible for the upkeep of machinery; coordinate maintenance work with minimum downtime
- Report to the Plant Manager any mechanical, scheduling or personnel problems that may have significant effects on operations
- Solve production problems that are not or cannot be resolved at the supervisory level
- Provide input for annual budget and capital plan
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum of three to five years of Superintendent experience within a manufacturing environment, preferably in corrugated industry.
- Ability to communicate professionally with people at all levels of the organization and external contacts. Negotiating experience to speak effectively with suppliers and/or employees of organization. Must have good oral and written communication skills as well as good listening skills.
- Solid decision-making skills.
- Proficient with time management and planning skills. Ability to work independently; attentive to details.
- Proficient with MS Office: Word and Excel.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in related business or a minimum of five years related experience in the corrugated industry.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.