Do you have a passion for numbers and calculations? Do you have a high attention to detail and hate making mistakes? Are you self motivated and are able to juggle multiple projects and tasks? If so, Etna has the position for you!
Etna Supply in Wixom, MI is looking to hire a Project Estimator. The Estimator will prepare and coordinate estimates while providing a high level of customer service in support of the jobs and new business. The ideal candidate must have strong organization skills, be a team player and excellent communication skills.
Etna Supply offers paid time off within the first year, an excellent benefits package and a competitive wage plus bonuses!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
These include the following and others may be assigned.
- Be friendly to every external and internal customer/potential customer you come in contact with and assist them to the best of your ability. If you are unable to assist them, politely put them in contact with the correct person who can.
- Review, evaluate, and prepare accurate, profitable, competitive, and timely requests for estimates.
- Review job documents, including blueprints, and understand the scope of the work to bid.
- Accurately determine the cost the company will incur in completion of a job to use as a basis for determining the price at which the job contract will be bid.
- Recommend solutions of issues.
- Obtain pricing for materials.
- Obtain bids from subcontractors.
- Maintain accurate information and knowledge of products, vendors, subcontractors, and government requirements, codes, standards, etc.
- Complete and maintain paperwork, documentation, records, and reports.
- Visit job sites if needed.
- Notify supervisor of any problems.
- Provide a high level of customer service in support of jobs and new business.
- Attend meetings as required.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Work safely.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of products sold and their applications.
- Effective interpersonal, communication, negotiation, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Maintain professional image as a representative of the company.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and other documents, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedures manuals.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products and Eclipse.
Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities and easily adapt to changing situations.
Ability to accurately add, subtract, multiply, and divide with or without using a calculator.
Ability to accurately calculate figures and amounts such as margins, discounts, interest, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume.
Ability to operate standard office equipment.
Available and able to travel as needed.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from four-year college or technical school; or
- Two years of related experience and training; or
- Equivalent combination of experience and education.
Certifications and/or Licenses:
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- Frequently required to sit; talk and hear; and use fingers.
- Regularly required to walk and stand; carry; and reach, grasp, and handle.
- Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to fulfill the essential job functions in a consistent state of alertness and a safe manner.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include clear vision at 20 inches or less and 20 feet or more.
- Work performed primarily inside.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Pass substance abuse screening.